Foreign may refer to:
- Foreign corporation, a U.S. concept for a corporation that can do business outside its jurisdiction
- Foreign key, a constraint in a relational database
- Foreign language, a language not spoken by the people of a certain place
- Foreign policy, how a country interacts with other countries of the world
- Foreign film, also known as world cinema, are films and film industries of non-English speaking countries
- Foreign accent syndrome, a rare side effect of severe brain injury
- Foreign Policy, an American magazine
- An exogenous antigen that stimulates an immune response
- A concept in Buddhist philosophy, the "non-self" or "absence of separate self"
Other articles related to "foreign":
... The United States Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court of Review (FISCR) is a U.S ... § 1803 and established by the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act of 1978 (known as FISA for short) ... warrants (called FISA warrants) by the United States Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court (or FISC) ...
... The Common Foreign and Security Policy (CFSP) is the organised, agreed foreign policy of the European Union (EU) for mainly security and defence diplomacy and actions ... Foreign policy is chaired and represented by the EU's High Representative ...
2010, 2012 Municipal 2008, 2012 Political parties Political parties Former political parties Foreign policy Foreign relations Ministry of Foreign Affairs Other ...
... In 1970, Manshel launched the influential Foreign Policy magazine with his friend Samuel P ... Holbrooke as the first managing editor for Foreign Policy - later to become a U.S ... Manshel served as editor and publisher of Foreign Policy until his death in 1990 ...
... for handling 24% of the total 99,000 tonnes of cargo at the expense of both Biman and foreign airlines which saw a reduction in their shares by 4.6 ... Foreign airlines handled 47% of the total cargo with Biman taking on the remaining 29% ... The smuggling of foreign currency and gold bars is reported to have taken place at the Biman Cargo Village by Biman and CAAB employees ...
Famous quotes containing the word foreign:
“There seeps from heavily jowled or hawk-like foreign faces
The guttural sorrow of the refugees.”
—Louis MacNeice (19071963)
“The worst enemy of good government is not our ignorant foreign voter, but our educated domestic railroad president, our prominent business man, our leading lawyer.”
—John Jay Chapman (18621933)
“The American who has been confined, in his own country, to the sight of buildings designed after foreign models, is surprised on entering York Minster or St. Peters at Rome, by the feeling that these structures are imitations also,faint copies of an invisible archetype.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)